MenTOR (Men Taking On Responsibility) is an open, ongoing group I designed and started under the umbrella of Relationships Australia Victoria (Sunshine) in 2006. It’s an advanced group for men who want to keep a very mindful finger on dealing with generalised anger including family violence and abuse. There are men in this program who have completed over 140 sessions. MenTOR is a great place for men to meet and discuss in confidence important issues they may not discuss elsewhere in public.
This is an ongoing anger management / family violence support program for men.
This group provides men with the opportunity to continue to be the best men, partners and fathers they can be.
The harsh winds of economic change saw this program discontinued by the above-mentioned service in December 2014 after 9 years.
Under the auspices of Sanctum, Centre for Personal and Corporate Excellence this program continues to run as a Not For Profit community-based program.
The program has no start or end date. It simply runs every fortnight throughout the year.
Men can attend any number of sessions, although we would recommend attendance for at least ten sessions.
Federal member for Gellibrand the honourable Mr Tim Watts MP heard about this outstanding program and was invited to meet and speak with the men directly. At a MenTOR group session, he was particularly impressed with the men’s commitment and journey that he gave MenTOR tremendous encouragement in Federal Parliament. Click on the link below to see the 3 minute video clip.
Entry into this program:
As this is an advanced group, entry into this program is for men who have completed one of the following:
- Any Men’s Behaviour Change Program offered by a service provider or
- Tame Your Dragon Anger Management program or
- Counselling with an emphasis on anger and / or family violence (10 sessions minimum).
Note, a copy of certificate or letter of completion is needed at time of registration.
- Any man can self-refer if they have completed one of the above-mentioned programmes.
- Corrections Victoria, Courts, Solicitors and Health Providers may also recommend participants attend a set number of sessions having first completed any of the above mentioned programs.
$20 a session plus one payment of $10 for folder and introductory documents
$10 a session with concession card (plus) $10 for folder and introductory documents
In West Sunshine: Details given upon registration
Every second Wednesday 6.30 to 8.30pm. Starting 05 February 2020
February 05, 19 March 04, 18 April 01, 15, 29 May 13, 27. June 10, 24
Mini presentation on topic for 1st half of the evening then therapeutic discussion second half of the session after coffee break.
- Magic of SMART goals and how to use the no fail formula for life
- Mindfulness, meditation, and visualization strategies
- What makes and breaks relationships.
- 7 Principles that make relationships work.
- Understanding personality and individual differences
- How to handle uncomfortable feelings such as grief, loss, anxiety and depression
- Stress and anger management
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Assertiveness and other powerful communication strategies
- How to live according to your values
- The Man's Guide to Women (Scientifically Proven "Secrets" Gottman, J. PhD)
- Effects of alcohol and other drugs on the mind, body and relationships
- How to be the best man, partner and father you can be
Many other interesting and practical topics
How to register for the program:
Please download and print the registration form. Fill it in and either post or fax it back. Details are on the registration form.
Once we receive your registration form we will contact you and confirm your registration.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to Contact Us. Looking forward to meeting you.